Friday, October 29, 2010

SharePoint 2010: EventID 8306

I was given a pair of servers to install SharePoint 2010 on. I had been told all the necessary patches and hotfixes needed for SharePoint 2010 were installed.

After installing I couldn't get the User Profile to work... So I did a hunt through the event log and the following stood out.

Symptoms:
I get this in the Event Viewer:
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: Method not found: 'Void System.IdentityModel.Selectors.SecurityTokenRequirement.set_IsOptionalToken(Boolean)'..

EventID 8306

Fix
Install this: KB976394

Lesson
Double check yourself that all patches, hotfixes, band aids and bandages are in place before doing the SharePoint 2010 installation. Small investment at the start can save you a lot of time.

Good luck with your SP2010 installs.

No comments:

Post a Comment